Helping You
Find A Path Forward

Experienced Representation To Help You Through Your Divorce

A divorce can quickly become heated and complicated. When emotions escalate, you need someone at your side who can keep you focused on the positive result in your divorce. When you need someone to help you reduce the animosity, pain and difficulty in your children’s lives through your divorce, you need Grossman Family Law Firm LLC.

Attorney Tamara Grossman has been representing Florida clients for years with a variety of family law matters, including divorce. She knows how sensitive these issues are, and how to resolve them while protecting your best interests.

What Is The Difference Between A Contested And An Uncontested Divorce?

When ending your marriage, you face two common scenarios: a contested or uncontested divorce. Understanding the difference between the two can impact the legal process and potentially the outcome of proceedings.

A contested divorce occurs when spouses disagree on one or more aspects of their divorce settlement, such as the division of assets, alimony and child support or custody. Other times, one spouse may entirely oppose a divorce. Contested divorces involve court appearances, lengthy negotiations and possibly litigation procedures.

By contrast, an uncontested divorce involves spousal agreement on marital property, spousal support and child-related matters, either early in the divorce or beforehand. These divorces often require minimal court involvement, potentially reducing stress and legal costs.

Can I Modify My Divorce Agreement In Broward County?

Life circumstances can change after a divorce, and your existing agreement might no longer be suitable. Fortunately, Florida law allows modifications to certain aspects of your divorce decree. However, specific criteria govern these changes.

Florida courts will consider modifying your divorce agreement only if a “substantial change in circumstances” has occurred since the initial court orders. Common reasons to request a modification include:

  • Income changes: A significant increase or decrease in income for either spouse (job loss, promotion or disability) can impact child support or spousal support payments.
  • Change in child needs: As children grow, their needs for education, health care or extracurricular activities may evolve, necessitating adjustments to child support.
  • Relocation: If a parent with primary custody plans to relocate, the court will evaluate the potential disruption to the child’s life and potentially modify custody and other arrangements.
  • Remarriage or cohabitation: A former spouse’s remarriage or cohabitation can also affect alimony payments.

Of course, there are rules to follow when seeking post-divorce alimony and child support modifications. An experienced attorney can help you understand when modifications are possible and what evidence needs to be presented in court for a successful request.

Resolving Your Divorce On Your Terms

A divorce can impact your life for years to come, and also determine how your children grow up. With so much at stake, it is important to be sure the lawyer you choose understands what is at stake in your case and how to resolve things quickly and effectively. Attorney Grossman knows that there are multiple ways of resolving a divorce.

Over the many years she has been helping the Coral Springs community, she has helped her clients find effective solutions for concerns involving:

No matter what you want to accomplish in your divorce needs, Tamara will review your unique situation to determine your available courses of action. Whether your case can be resolved through negotiation, mediation or litigation, you can rest easy knowing that you will have an skilled attorney at your side.

Keep Your Divorce Simple

If you are looking to resolve your divorce through mediation and find a mutually beneficial outcome in your divorce or fight for your best interests in court, now is the time to reach out to an accessible and accomplished lawyer.

Call Tamara Grossman at 954-852-7342 or email her here to schedule your initial consultation today.